Sunday, March 20, 2011

Not wasting my Cancer

It happened again in church this morning- that place of complete unworthiness -being reminded I have been given another gift of life from God.  I get undone at times like this - thinking about all the amazing people who have fought the good fight, then lost.  It's their families that press on so joyfully still helping others that get to me.   They are ones who are champions of faith - not me.  For instance, one of our friends lost a twently something son to cancer, they are usually the first ones to pray for me.  They pray with such passion, such faith and such love that one would never know their own personal journey.  So how come I win? or better yet why did I not win?  Isn't it the question we all ask at times?   I don't deserve more than anyone else- I sin as much as the next person and all sin is equal anyway. 
    There is a reason I'm here.  It's purpose. God help me not to squander my purpose on self service. I choose to live for Him because I am His design.  My journey has taught me many things - but none so greater than this- my life is not MY life, in fact life does not belong any of us. It is a gift.  Cancer has many horrible effects attached to it, however there are some very beautiful things it does for the soul and spirit if one doesn't waste it.   I'm not wasting mine! So salty tears may run down my cheek from time to time, but only becasue I burst with the knowledge of what Grace really is.

4 comments:

  1. I love your heart and your desire to walk in the will and circumstances God has you in in this moment in your life. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. You rock mom! Love your heart....especially because you have walked through this the with exact same attitude as you finished it with! Such an encouragement!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lynn, your heart is amazing! This brought tears to my eyes. I am so thankful for your life and how God is going to use you to further His kingdom and do His will.

    ReplyDelete