Tuesday, March 1, 2011

My favorite thing at work... "yes, I'll transfer you to my Manager!"

  I'm usually just an earshot away from staff when I hear them handle a angry call   You can tell that the customer is blasting them.  They don't even have a chance to validate the customer's feelings.. Blah, Blah, Blah and then comes the words I can magically hear through the silent air-  "I want to speak to your Manager !."    The funny part is the moment the call is transferred and I address myself  and then ask "How can I help you?"  The customer's tone becomes very submissive and  as sweet as tea.  Go figure?  Seriously, what happens in those 2 or 3 micro seconds during the transfer?  It cracks me up that people cow tow to a title especially if they knew that I don't kill flies - I let them out the window.

No comments:

Post a Comment